So we're getting down to the last bit of amazing information! How awesome has this been! I've learned SO MUCH that is helping my Instagram account! This chapter will look at how to use Instagram for your business and be SMART while doing so! So let's get into it!
Yes, it's been shown that while Instagram is a great place to post pictures of your puppy, new favorite food spot it's also a place where people come together to share their SHOPPING finds! So, if you're a business owner, it's a Great thing to have an Instagram account available for your potential customers to follow! Sharing your latest creations or newest releases, latest sales, promos and more! Being a boss in this era means KNOWING that Social Media is a FAST and SMART way to get information directly to your potential customers!
Another smart tactic is, if you're running your own business and you have a budding INSTA-fam, create your OWN hashtag! So if your customers buy something, to share it with other potential customers they know that special hashtag to throw onto their photos so we can all see the great finds and deals your company/brand offers!
HOW CAN ONE DO INSTA-BIZ SMART?
- DESIGN AN INSTAGRAM STRATEGY: Before you start posting all wild, design a plan, decide your main goals and what it is you intend to mostly do on your page! Is it sell products, drive traffic to your site/blog/shop, or is it to gain a large following and have your brand awareness grow! Once you know, head on over and take the steps listed in chapter 1 including creating your mission statement! Keep that in your mind each time you post from the very beginning if you can (don't be afraid to evolve though!). Grow your following organically from the start!
- MAINTAIN AN AUTHENTIC FEED: Knowing your goals and posting strategy, it should be easy to post photos that support your feed style and what you're setting out to share with your followers and customers! Knowing your customer and what appeals to them is crucial, so when people follow your page, they know what they'll be in for! (While shocking them is great ONCE in a while it can make people hit that "unfollow" option" so do it sparingly!
- CONTESTS & GIVEAWAYS: This is a great way to show your followers your appreciation for following you and get NEW followers in the process! Post a photo, ask people to either repost it using a specific hashtag AFTER following you and watch the reposts roll in or post a photo and ask people to follow and comment something (or perform ANY OTHER sort of action) and the numbers will fly! We've come to know....people like stuff...and more so, people like FREE stuff! So host giveaways, be honest and reasonable and it will be successful!
- COLLABORATE WITH INFLUENCERS: If you get the opportunity to work with brands or larger businesses or bloggers, think about your mission statement, your relation to that person and if it makes sense GO FOR IT!! Getting a chance to share a your new beauty products with a blogger is great for BOTH of you! This usually comes with a request for a review or even just a few well taken photos on your page, but that means your items get noticed and shared with more people who might not have known about you!!
Another great thing to do is asking an online influencer to take over your account for the day! So that person brings their followers over to YOUR business page! More traffic could mean more sales! It's a great business opportunity!
Not selling anything? Use your account as a portfolio, and maybe have someone feature your work on their page with your specific hashtag and a mention/tagg, this too will draw people in!
Remember though, if you're using your page for business, KEEP IT CLEAN! Consider those party pictures or pictures of your feet in the sand (in most cases, unless relating BACK to your business) photo's for your personal Instagram account or your Facebook!
- AFFILIATE PROGRAMS: What is that? When people you follow suggest you click a special link or use a special code to shop their favorite shops, it usually means they will get a percentage of your purchase IF you use their links/codes. It's business for them AS WELL as the brand/company they're working with.
Affiliate programs are huge today and everyone wants to be apart of one or another form of an affiliate programs! So look for those opportunities and know just what they mean! A lot of bloggers use the REWARDSTYLE program, which uses a feature we've all seen LIKEtoKNOW.it which is usually for outfits. if you like a post and the items mentioned in the post and are signed UP for Reward style, that persons outfit info will be sent right to your email once you've LIKED their photo!
- WORKING WITH BRANDS: Now if you're on the OTHER end of this INSTA-BIZ and want to WORK with brands, here are a few things to know!
- Email or DM brands to let them know how much you love their stuff.
- Pitch a potential collaboration where BOTH parties win
- Create content already viewable that shows these brands you create QUALITY content and that it will work with their products/services! Make sure before you post, the companies see your photos before (if possible) and that THEY are satisfied with it. Unless they state the love your stuff and want you to trust your gut, make sure they approve!
- Make sure you're giving this company what they need...do you have great traffic from your Insta to your blog? Will they benefit from working with you...make sure it's worth it or it'll be the first and LAST time they'll work with you!
- Once you've completed your task, remember to THANK this company for working with you and how much you appreciated the opportunity! Be Gracious, not expectant.
- If you intend on doing a branded post - a brand pays you to post on your page with their items or brand name attached, to drive traffic to their site/insta page/ product. MAKE SURE when you do this the product and style of photo matches your mission statement and your theme...BE AUTHENTIC. Your followers will be able to tell what's coming from you versus coming from someone's paid purposes. They trust you, your followers, so keep it honest and in line with your brand and style.
- PRICING - If you're in a position where you have followers a brand wants to reach and you would like to be paid for your services, THINK FIRST about your following/reach, talk to other influencers/bloggers about their pricing (in a respectful way of course) and consider how LOW you're willing to go while still feeling good about your post and the time you're going to put into it. There is no right or wrong number, just the thought process that will come before you send that response email with your price!
Whatever you do, MAKE SURE, you're enjoying the ride! Instagram is an amazing platform that is constantly growing and changing. I Hope that the Capture Your Style Chapter Recap series has been helpful! This concludes the CHAPTER 5 of our Chapter Recap, but stay tuned, we have ONE MORE post to share!