Ever wondered which to go with? Which is right for you?? Or should you even try one or the other? If you have, then you're a lot like me.
I'm a lover of jewelry, it's a shiny accessory or accent piece that can be added to every outfit and I simply CAN'T go without it! Most recently, I've been dabbling more in the rose gold/ copper direction! It's everywhere now! Especially those GORGEOUS bling-tastic watches! Now to be fair, for a while I was attached to white gold and silver, but of course, as I grew up, so did my taste! I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty happy with my evolution! So I decided to have the debate, which is better!? Let's get on with it!
- timeless & offers a more sophisticaed vibe
can be worn with anything
accents well with any skin tone
can bring a look from casual to classual (my way of mixing classy and casual)
Comes in yellow or white
bright yellow or a dulled yellow
will always be considered valuable/worth it
can mix metals
- Very trend current
- accents so well with tones. Blacks, Whites and even beige, it helps keep you from looking too muted
- looks amazing with pink. You might have thought otherwise, but you'd be surprised. DON'T over do it of course!
- More affordable than gold!
- More durable than gold
- Gives you that vintage feeling, while style looking fashionable and trendy
- also compliments all skin tones
- offers a fun and classy extra to any outfit/look
- gives that girly girl, an extra girly girl feeling!
So, which do I prefer you MIGHT be wondering? The answer is rose gold. I'm definitely guilty of switching around some pieces in an outfit so I can feel rose gold appropriate! WHAT!!! I LIKE WHAT I LIKE!!...
Ahem, so you're wondering, ok Karita, we've talked about what makes both these accents awesome, but HOW do we style them!?
Well as I say, when it comes to jewelry, do what makes YOU happy. Style is meant to be individual. However, there are a few things to consider:
- When mixing metals, make sure accents match a certain type or style. Eg: if you're wearing small pieces, keep it small throughout, you don't want to look like you couldn't figure it out so you turned the lights out and just picked stuff to put on!
- If you're dressing down, jeans casual, but don't want to look too "casual" throwing on your favorite watch or ring with a pair of small earrings or hoops can take you from blah, to yaas!
- Gold and pearls can also look lovely together, if not overdone! Pearls are coming in this fall, so watch out for them!
- With either gold or rose gold, watch when matching that you're not doing too much, by way of a bit of copper rose gold and pink rose gold, or high yellow gold with a more muted gold. Do you best to streamline your pieces.
- Try matching rose gold with a darker almost grunge silver/black pieces when mixing metals, so the rose is still popping!
- If your clothes are super busy, be it textiles or designs, keep your jewelry more on the subtle side.
Well! I had FUN with this. And I hope we all learned something today, gold, rose gold or nothing, it's about what YOU feel diva-licious in!
Any tips on how you wear your gold or rose gold? Comments or questions? Leave me one below!
& If you haven't already, SUBSCRIBE!!!